Dear Spartanburg County Council Members,
Yesterday evening, I gave a speech to you on property rights. As citizens of Spartanburg County, I think that it’s best that we have a better understanding of property rights so that we can do a better job protecting the property of those who live within the community.
Below is the meaning of property rights according to Tom DeWeese of the American Policy Center. Please let me know if you disagree with any of the points below:
1. The owner’s exclusive authority to determine how private property is used;
2. The owner’s peaceful possession, control, and enjoyment of his/her legally purchased, deeded private property;
3. The owner’s ability to make contracts to sell, rent, or give away all or part of the legally purchased/deeded private property;
4. That local, city, county, state, and federal governments are prohibited from exercising eminent domain for the sole purpose of acquiring legally purchased/deeded private property so as to resell to a private interest or generate revenues;
5. That no local, city, county, state, or federal government has the authority to impose directives, ordinances, fees, or fines regarding aesthetic landscaping, color selections, tree and plant preservation, or open spaces on legally purchased/deeded private property;
6. That no local, city, county, state or federal government shall implement a land use plan that requires any part of legally purchased/ deeded private property be set aside for public use or for a Natural Resource Protection Area directing that no construction or disturbance may occur;
7. That no local, city, county, state, or federal government shall implement a law or ordinance restricting the number of dwellings
that may be placed on legally purchased/ deeded private property;
8. That no local, city, county, state, or federal government shall alter or impose zoning restrictions or regulations that will devalue or limit the ability to sell legally purchased/deeded private property;
9. That no local, city, county, state, or federal government shall limit profitable or productive agriculture activities by mandating and controlling what crops and livestock are grown on legally purchased/deeded private property;
10. That no local, city, county, state, or federal government representatives or their assigned agents may enter private property without the written permission of the property owner or is in possession of a lawful warrant from a legitimate court of law. This includes invasion of property rights and privacy by government use of unmanned drone flights.
At the end of my speech, I was cut-off due to the 3 minute time limit. I was going to finish my speech with the following quote, “If you don’t have the right to own and control property then you are property.” The quote is from Wayne Hage and I think that it makes a lot of sense due to the government’s interference with property rights at this point of time.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
124 Stone Village Ct.
Spartanburg, SC 29302
Cell and Text: (513) 405-2086
I will admit it, becoming an entrepreneur is a tough thing to do. People who decide to take the entrepreneurial route usually always seem to take-on more than they can chew. I had a client recently vent with me on whether or not he was taking on too much. I did my best to listen him and I could easily get a sense that he was overwhelmed.
Unfortunately, the feeling of being overwhelmed can often be unbearable for people wanting to be entrepreneurs. The tasks that entrepreneurs normally have to do are often more diversified and more complicated than those of employees.
I think that many entrepreneurs underestimate how much stress is going to come their way when they take the entrepreneurial plunge so I have multiple key recommendations in order to help entrepreneurs to breakOUT!!! of their shells:
1. Take time for a nap or two during the day. An entrepreneur can often be on the go for 14+ hours per day for 6 to 7 days a week so it’s important to give your mind and body a break or two. Too many days without naps can often lead to extreme fatigue and can often lead to a person withdrawing from his/her entrepreneurial pursuit.
2. Find ways to work less and to make more. Planning is everything when it comes working less and making more. If you get paid to do one-on-one consultations, why not organize an event where you do group consultations? Sure, you may be getting $15 per person per an hour compared to your normal $75 one hour consultation but atleast you may be able to bring twenty people in for a one hour session and make four times your normal hourly rate.
3. Find a new software that can help you become more efficient. I recently did this with a client that wanted to analyze blueprints more efficiently. He used to get the blueprints printed at Kinko’s and then do them by hand. Now we have found him a new software program to where he can do all of his blueprint work on his computer without ever leaving his home. Luckily for him, we have also found somebody to analyze blueprints for him so that he can focus more on managing projects and getting sales.
4. Find somebody who can be a back-office entrepreneur for you. Why manage all of your projects on your own when you can have another entrepreneur manage them for you? When it comes to finding a back-office entrepreneur, it’s not bad idea to find somebody who is young, energetic, and computer-savvy. I often find that a busy entrepreneur needs to be on the computer and phone for nearly half of the work day. This can easily be split up amongst somebody who can play your role from you worksite or from a different worksite.
All entrepreneurs need to find ways to breakout of their shells. The recommendations above can help but we recommend to all of our clients that they become a student of entrepreneurship so that they can really find a way to become a Shell Breaking Entrepreneur!
At True Phase Solutions, we focus on helping entrepreneurs grow their companies. If you are interested in our services, please visit our website www.truephasesolutions.com and schedule a time to talk with us.
Written by Evan Mulch, CEO of True Phase Solutions, 1-877-376-8783
The movie ‘Lincoln’ directed by Steven Spielberg is just days away from being in the movie theaters. After watching the preview and synopsis found on the movie’s website (www.thelincolnmovie.com), it’s not hard to tell that the spin on the movie will be that Lincoln freed the slaves and that he also saved the Union. Although many have been taught that this was the real history of America, I have learned that Lincoln was a much different person than what this movie will portray.
Why has the story of Lincoln’s history been changed in order to make him sound a like a perfect American President? As author Thomas DiLorenzo points out, “this occurred partly because the government became more and more influential over education in the postwar era, and government always uses public education to aggrandize itself. But the truth is available for anyone who perseveres enough to look for it.”➀ After doing my research, I have found out that DiLorenzo has exposed many myths about Lincoln. I had always thought that Lincoln had invaded the south to free the slaves. This is far from the truth. Lincoln wrote in a letter to newspaper editor Horace Greeley in August of 1862 that, “My paramount objective in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery.”➁
Did Lincoln save the Union? In our nation’s Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution our states are referred to as free and independent. This means that each state had and still has the right to leave the union if they decide do. After reviewing the history of Lincoln and the actual events of the war, I can not help but agree with DiLorenzo’s opinion on whether or not Lincoln saved the union. His opinion is that, “Lincoln “saved” the federal union in the same sense that a man who has been abusing his wife “saves” his marital union by violently forcing his wife back into the home and threatening to shoot her if she leaves again. The union may well be saved, but it is not the same kind of union that existed on their wedding day.”
So does Steven Spielberg understand the history of Lincoln? In my opinion, he probably doesn’t. If he does know the truth about Lincoln, then he is showing his true character by making a movie about Lincoln that people are going to assume is the truth while spinning Lincoln as a hero rather than a destroyer of individual liberty. In other words, in my opinion this movie is going to be an epic catastrophe due to the fact that it will not be the “Honest”History of our “Honest” Abe.
To watch Thomas DiLorenzo talk about Lincoln, please click-on the following link: http://youtu.be/nbFty9nZUac
1. DiLorenzo, Thomas. Lincoln Unmasked. New York: Three Rivers Press, 2006. 23.
2. Abraham Lincoln, “Letter to Horace Greely, August 22, 1962,” in Abraham Lincoln: His Speeches and Writings, ed. Roy Basler (New York: Da Capo Press, 1946), p. 652.
As some already know, I was not certified by the South Carolina Voting Commission to run as a petition candidate for South Carolina House District 33. This news may come as a disappointment for some, but I believe that the petition drive as a whole was a victory for South Carolinians. Many of you know that I made my announcement to start my petition drive just five days after Obamacare was approved by the Supreme Court which gave us about twelve days to collect the 1,079 signatures needed to get on the November ballot. We ended up turning in 1,200 signatures which may have been enough had the rules stated that any registered voter counted; however, we knew going into the petition drive that we needed to collect signatures from people who had voted within the last four years so in the end we most likely came up short when it came to getting signatures from active voters.
Although I find it difficult to deliver this news to everybody, I am very optimistic about the future of South Carolina. It is fascinating to me that in a state where I have lived for only one year that I was able to gain the support needed in order to make a very big statement for Conservative South Carolinians. I was able to work with many very Patriotic Volunteers who were right alongside with me when it comes to the idea of Nullifying Obamcare at the state level. I trust now that I am living in a state that will be one of the first to tell the Federal Government to back away out of our personal business and only provide us with the services allowed by the United States Constitution.
As for my opponent, I wish him well during his next term and I hope that he understands that there are number of us in his district that will hold him accountable for obeying the South Carolina Constitution as well as the United States Constitution. If he changes his personal political ideology and becomes a Constitutional Conservative during his next term, he may be able to gain my support but if he remains a Moderate I will most likely choose to run in the 2014 Primary Election.
As for everybody who helped me during petition drive, I cannot thank you enough for your support. I had the blessing of having volunteers who wanted me to get on the ballot just as badly as I wanted to which was very inspirational for me. We should all be very proud of our work and know that when nullification becomes a popular word in our state that we played a big role in getting the idea of nullification started.
So what’s next for me? I plan to play a role in helping other Conservatives win their elections in November and I also plan to play a role in helping to organize precincts in Spartanburg County. We have a lot of work to do but I think the message is very clear that the people in our area are demanding a state government that is focused on lowering taxes, nullifying Obamacare, and protecting our liberties.
Petition Drive in the News:
I’m hearing from others that the establishment in my area is now awake. They are now aware that a Constitutional Conservative is on the verge of taking on one of the most moderate Republicans in the state house. So what are they afraid of?
If you live in the Spartanburg area, I need your help during the next few days. I’m short of volunteers and the only way I’m going to get on the ballot to run against Eddie Tallon in the general election is to get a lot more participation in my petition drive.
If you are wondering what it is like to petition, I will tell you that it is fairly easy right now. The weather has cooled down and most people understand that there are a large number of Republican Petition Candidates this year. People also sign the petition very easily after seeing that Eddie is the worst ranked Upstate representative on the Greenville Tea Party scorecard (http://www.greenvilleteaparty.com/images/stories/generic_SCORECARD_041912.pdf). If you look at page 2 of the scorecard, you will see Senator Bright received a perfect score from the Greenville Tea Party. We all know that our representatives need to start voting more like Senator Bright and I’m here to replace one of the worst voters in the House.
If you would, please help me and let others know that I need help.
Here is the Facebook Event for Saturday: http://www.facebook.com/events/339537352790543/
If you haven’t already, please fill-out the form on www.evanmulchforhouse.com so that you can receive my information alerts.
My phone numbers are (864) 641-6877 and (513) 405-2086.
Now that I am just days into one of the most difficult tasks of my life, I am reflecting upon why I entered this race for House District 33 in the first place. After walking door to door with volunteers, many of us have experienced the ups and downs of hearing an enthusiastic “Yes!” and then right away at the next house hearing a flat-out “No!”.
The emotional toll that this takes is not for the weak and timid, it is for the strong and brave. I think that we can all admit that walking door-to-door to discuss politics with strangers while trying to convince them to sign a petition for a man that many have never met before is no easy task. So why do they do it?
They do it because they know that they would rather have freedom than unnecessary government safety. They do it because they would rather know that they actually did their best to help stop government intrusion so that they can have the peace of mind that they did all that they could. They do it because they still believe in America and the principles that it was founded on. They do it because they understand consequences of socialism and too much government power. They do it because they believe they know the answer to our economic problems. They do it for you, they do it for me, and they do it for the dream of reviving America so that it can once again be the beacon of freedom and prosperity in the world.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
~ Thomas Paine
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
~ Benjamin Franklin
I would like to personally thank all of the volunteers that have helped me so far. Thank you James, Karen, Thane, Crystal, Mike, Brian, Paige, Al, Tanya, Jacob, Daniel, and Lynn.
To our liberty, freedom, peace, happiness, and prosperity,